Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sour Cream Poppy Seed Ice Cream


Ice cream... that sweet treat that is not hard on your stomach. If I'm in an ice cream mood, any flavor will do. Especially this one.


Eww... sour cream? That's gross.



Trust me, it's not. I first experienced this radical flavor in a little town in Colorado named Georgetown. Lets just say it's the cutest place on earth. This town is filled with houses that are hundreds of years old. It's like going back in time.
This town also has a candy/ ice cream shop. I was indecisive when it came to what flavor to choose... until I saw this one. 


That unique first time had me thinking of ways to recreate it. So here it is... I'm pretty sure it tastes just like the real thing!

Sour Cream Poppy Seed Ice Cream


1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 - 3 tablespoons toasted poppy seeds

Directions:
1.Place all ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender, blending until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. Place into ice cream maker and add poppy seeds; churn until a creamy consistency. Place in freezer to firm up.

1 comment: