Saturday, March 10, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Some days, you're just too lazy to really bake something creative. Yeah, this was one of the those days.

Who doesn't like a simple blondie recipe? It sure gets me through the day.

When I went back through this recipe, I realized I did something wrong. Instead of doing 2 TEASPOONS of cinnamon with the sugar, I accidently did 2 TABLESPOONS cinnamon. My bad...

I still loved these though! 


Thick and sweet, just how I like my... well, my blondies, I guess.


My accident...


But still, YUM!


Lets just say these didn't last very long.


About 2 hours.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
(Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)

2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Wisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until completely combined.
4. Spread the dough into the pan.
5. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment