Friday, April 6, 2012

Raspberry Frangipane Tart

I have been wanting to try frangipane for so long! I'm glad I finally made it, so worth it!
This tart is a mixture of nuttiness and fruity. The buttery crust reminds you this is still a dessert. Trust me, you'll love it.


Something about tarts... they're just so pretty. You almost don't want to eat it. But you still do because, well, you're hungry.


My crazy orange yolks making my crust super yellow.


No food processor for me... just a food chopper.


I'll take what I got.


The frangipane.


Pre-baked.


And the end product! P.S. I ate that missing piece before dinner was even done...


Raspberry Frangipane Tart
(Adapted from The Golden Book of Baking and Flour)


Tart Shell:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar with a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Add the salt and flour, mix until looks like crumbs.
3. Add the egg yolk and mix once more until dough forms.
4. Place in the fridge for one hour.
5. Roll out and place in prepared tart pan, let rest in fridge for 30 more minutes.
6. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees (or until golden).

Frangipane Filling:
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh raspberries

Powdered Sugar

Directions:
1. Process the sugar, flour, ground almonds, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor for 2 minutes, or until a smooth, paste-like mixture is formed.
2. Smooth the mixture into the tart shell. Press the raspberries in decoratively.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the frangipane is golden brown. Let cool, dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment