Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Granola

As you have probably noticed lately, I'm lovin' the granola. I'm on this health food kick. I tell myself I can eat as much as I want, as long as it's healthy. That's where the granola comes in.


It's just so versatile! You can put anything in it!



See what I mean? Nuts, seeds, spices... the list goes on and on...



Plus pumpkin? Yes please.



Then mix, granola is that simple!



Well, you have to bake it, too... But the oven does the for you!



Excuse me while I gorge myself on this...


Pumpkin Spice Granola

5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, spices, salt, and brown sugar.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, syrup, and vanilla. Add to the oat mixture and toss until evenly coated. Add the seeds and nuts until evenly combined.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and mix again to evenly coat. Place back on the tray and bake for another 20 minutes. Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment