Monday, January 23, 2012

Sugar Cookie Bars

I've been in a frosting mood lately... tarts and muffins just aren't doing it for me. I have been pretty healthy ever since the new year came around. I need something with BUTTER AND SUGAR.
I always get my way :)


Yep, pretty much hit the spot. The combination of the sugar cookie with the frosting sent me away to Baking Heaven. Who new something so simple and easy could taste so good?



You have to start by making a cookie base. This was only a half recipe... I'm sure glad I didn't do a full one.



And the FROSTING. Yummy.
I always use a hand mixed to make frosting. It evenly distributes all the ingredients and makes the frosting creamy.



Oh, wow, it's coming together.



And Sprinkles? Oh yes :)



Now they're cut, just ready to be eaten...


Okay, this is just cruel. Can I eat one yet?

Sugar Cookie Bars
(Adapted from Completely Delicious)

Cookie Base:
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Sprinkles (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7 x 11 baking pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugar with a stand or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time on low speed until just blended. Add vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the liquid mixture until evenly blended.
4. Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are just barely golden.
5. Let cool, then frost and add sprinkles.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 - 3 tablespoons milk
Food Coloring (optional)

Directions:
1. With a stand or hand mixer, beat the butter and powdered sugar until crumbly. Add vanilla, milk, and food coloring until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment